Chuck Orrico, Executive Vice President at DYOPATH
Over the past several weeks at DYOPATH, we have been highlighting our IT outsourcing services with our campaign, “Agile IT Solutions that Fuel Operational Excellence in the Global Marketplace”. As part of this campaign, I have written two blogs. The first of these blogs explained how IT outsourcing can help an organization and the second blog shared how business leaders can bring maximum value to their organization by using IT outsourcing to align their IT strategy with their business strategy.
We understand that you have your fair share of options when it comes to finding a Managed Service Provider that can provide reliable IT outsourcing. So now, for my third and final blog of this campaign, it is time to essentially put our money where our mouth is and share some real-world, proven case studies that showcase how outsourcing IT services to DYOPATH has benefited actual clients of ours.
Case Study 1: El Paso Electric
My first example is for El Paso Electric (EPE), a medium-sized electric utility company headquartered in El Paso, Texas. Due to the nature of their industry, EPE presented the challenge of having very complex technology infrastructures, incorporating real-time systems, large customer databases, multi-layered geographic information systems, and more to support the delivery of electricity to their customers.
After performing a cooperative technical examination and assessment of various aspects of the current IT environment, DYOPATH was able to deliver an improved interface and infrastructure for EPA.
With this enhancement, EPE’s next step was to decide whether to continue supporting their IT environment internally, host their services in a third party hosting facility, or find a 100% IT outsourcing solution. The positive experience that we had with EPE, along with the proven cost-savings of outsourcing to DYOPATH, gave us a leg-up on this opportunity, and ultimately, they decided on a fully outsourced partnership with us.
Over Ten Years of Support with a Fully-Managed Outsourced Solution
That was over ten years ago. Since then, DYOPATH has continued our successful relationship with El Paso Electric, implementing the customized IT outsourcing solution we designed specifically for their unique needs. Some of the more prominent outsourced support that we provide EPA includes:
- End user support including technical personal computer, laptop, and software assistance with Service Desk Level 1 personnel located in our centralized ITIL-compliant Service Desk.
- Local/wide area network (LAN/WAN) support consisting of both shared services resources and on-site support with 24/7 alarm and incident response.
- Asset management with hand receipt control of all assets as well as receiving, storing, issuing, and tracking of all computers, software, and peripherals.
- Server and storage operations ensuring that EPE end users are provided access to required data and applications in a timely and efficient manner.
- Full lifecycle application and database support.
- Security using DYOPATH’S shared services model to obtain top-level security expertise without the typical costs of a full time hire.
Case Study 2: Fairbanks Morse
Fairbanks Morse develops critical power systems and solutions for Marine Power, Power Generation, and Oil and Gas. They came to us at DYOPATH after being purchased by a private equity firm. They found themselves experiencing setbacks with tracking and metrics, issue resolution, and unable to continuously improve. All of this was mainly due to their small IT staff and a lack of resources to sufficiently support the IT environment.
Fairbanks Morse elected to outsource IT support to DYOPATH because of multiple reasons:
- We have experience with carve-out/divestiture projects. Fairbanks Morse was transitioning their IT resources and tools from their parent company to their own and also plan to expand via merger and acquisition in the near future.
- Due to being a Department of Defense contractor, Fairbanks Morse required the implementation of advanced security services, which DYOPATH was able to provide.
- We were able to offer ITIL-aligned support, ensuring that Fairbanks Morse’s technology would remain relevant to their business.
- Our service offerings fit the flexibility that Fairbanks Morse was looking for including an adaptable outsourcing model, scalable IT support, a combination of shared and dedicated services, as well as remote and onsite support staff.
- Fairbanks Morse was able to achieve cost-savings using DYOPATH’S support model versus having to pay to recruit, hire, and train a range of internal dedicated resources.
Overcoming Insufficient Technology, Limited Staff, and Economic Uncertainties with IT Outsourcing
After receiving outsourced IT support with DYOPATH, Fairbanks Morse developed a reliable IT infrastructure and experienced a significant reduction in the number of problem tickets which has allowed the IT team to handle more strategic initiatives, such as passing a DOD CMMC audit. They have since successfully migrated from their former parent company, stabilizing their new IT environment, and focusing on enhancements relative to network, systems, and end users, all during the unpredictable circumstances brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic.
DYOPATH Specializes in Providing Efficient and Time-Tested Outsourced IT Support for Small, Medium and Enterprise–Sized Businesses
These are just two of the examples of how we have helped organizations achieve efficiency and growth through our outsourced IT services. Being in business for nearly two and a half decades, our team of experts has time-tested experience in providing value for our clients.
Are you interested in learning more about DYOPATH’S IT outsourcing?
Schedule a meeting with our experts to learn more about how IT outsourcing with DYOPATH delivers agile IT solutions that fuel operational excellence for your organization.
Click HERE To Schedule a Meeting
Thank you for taking the time to read this blog. If you’ve been following along with this campaign, I hope that I was able to give you insight on the benefits your organization can experience when you outsource your IT support.
You can learn more about DYOPATH and our IT outsourcing services by visiting our website.
Chuck Orrico, Executive Vice President
About the author: Chuck Orrico is the Executive Vice President (EVP) at DYOPATH. He is responsible for leading strategic growth initiatives across both sales and marketing. Chuck has more than 35 years of experience in helping clients develop business solutions through IT strategic planning, information management and technology investment. Today, his entrepreneurial spirit and keen business acumen have helped DYOPATH maintain its focus on quality, which has resulted in improved business operations for its clients. His leadership is grounded in mentorship, business growth and client satisfaction. His passion for DYOPATH comes from the culture, values, and working with “A” players.