Emergencies happen, and when they do, the ability to immediately communicate with your team and emergency responders can be critically important. A natural disaster. A weather alert. A gas leak. Or, something darker. Regardless of the problem, having a communication system in place can make the difference between keeping people safe or leaving them in peril, and keeping your data and equipment safe, too.
We recently worked with a major league baseball team and built a reliable emergency alert system for them. With tens of thousands of fans at their games, plus dozens of employees and players, a lack of communication during an emergency could have had severe consequences. Whether your organization has a thousand students spread out over a campus, hundreds of employees on multiple floors, or a dozen coworkers in relatively tight confines, communication could be the key to not only their safety, but your organization’s recovery.
In Case of Emergency
Benefits of an automated Emergency Alert System include:
- Keeping staff and students safe from large-scale threats (major weather patterns, pandemics, terrorist activity and more)
- Reducing the spread of misinformation
- Communicating protocols: Automated alerts can specify exactly what to do in the time of crisis
- Faster response times: Quicker alerts can save lives, and minimize business disruption
- Web-based system: Alerts can be sent from anywhere
- Regulatory compliance: Many organizations have different requirements for emergency mass notifications
- Acknowledgment receipts: So organizations can be confident recipients understand the threat and know what to do
One System, Many Alerts
We’ve recently started working with Cistera to offer their instant communication system, and we feel acquiring this system, or one like it, should be carefully considered by your organization. Cistera already works with organizations around the globe to help keep customers, employees and students safe. Their supply call recording and emergency alert software provides several distinct options and benefits for many kinds of organizations.
For schools, Cistera is particularly advantageous. Their AlertIT bell schedule, notification broadcast and emergency alert software is an integrated application that lets school administrators provide alerts such as emergency closure or other automated announcements to teachers, parents and students. These alerts can be sent via a customized, set schedule or manually, as needed, in seconds. Alerts can also go out to first responders, such as by making automated 911 calls and communicating with campus security and public safety departments during a crisis to unify action plans.
The Cistera AlertIT system lets you:
- Lock down your school from a mobile or desk phone
- Connect with security and first responders in an emergency
- Deliver on-campus and parent announcements and alerts
We’re your partner in safety
A comprehensive eBook published by nonprofit research organization RAND Corporation titled The Role of Technology in Improving K-12 School Safety lists a number of best practices including the importance of ensuring existing systems work with new technologies, creating a comprehensive hazard plan, and examining possible threats. We can help. At DYOPATH, we work with school systems, organizations and businesses of all kinds to ensure top safety solutions are in place. Whether we’re helping determine the best options to solve a problem, training staff, enhancing an existing system or starting a new one from scratch, our Security Solutions can help any organization stay safe.